Alumni Cruises fully respects your privacy and will only use your information to service your vacation needs. We do not sell or give this information to any other third parties.
We at Alumni Cruises want to make sure you know what our standards our in regards to your privacy regarding the following areas:
information we gather about you
Alumni Cruises collects information about you when you ask for a quote on, or information about, a cruise/resort
stay or when you sign up for our mailing list. The only information we require is: a) your name; b) your email address and c) your phone numbers. We also ask for the other types of information in order to improve our ability to service you. This may include the following types of information:
- Home address including street, city, state and zip code
- # of passengers
- # of Cabins
- Cabin Type
- Passenger Names
- Cruise Destination
- Cruise Line
- Cruise Duration
- Departure Date
- Are you a repeat passenger of this cruise line?
- Departing air city
- Are you affiliated with the travel industry?
- Any comments
we Do with information that you give us
We use this information to help you select the cruise that is right for you and to communicate special offers to you.
we share that information with
Whenever making a reservation in your name, we forward any required information on to that cruise line. We do not sell or give this information to any other third parties.
you select which marketing communications you receive
Alumni Cruises offers Cruise/Resort Deals that are periodic emails that contain special offers on cruises and vacations. In order to receive these deals, you must sign up by entering your email address in various signup boxes on our site. After entering your email address, we may ask you some basic information to help us provide you with the offers that most appeal to you.
- Types of cruises/resort
stays (contemporary, luxury, family, etc)
- Destinations (Caribbean / Mexico / Bermuda, Alaska, Europe, etc)
you can change that information
Simply send us an email telling us your preferences, including discontinuance of any emails we may send you in the future.
As Alumni Cruises respects your privacy, this privacy statement may be modified from time to time to properly reflect all business practices.
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. By making a reservation with ALUMNI CRUISES, submitting a request for a quotation or information, or contacting ALUMNI CRUISES or one of its representatives, after visiting this Web Site (the "Web Site") you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of using this Web Site and transacting business with ALUMNI CRUISES as set forth herein. ALUMNI CRUISES reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Users of this Web Site must check its terms and conditions periodically for changes.
1. OWNERSHIP: This Web Site is owned and operated by ALUMNI CRUISES. All information, content, graphics, text, HTML, CGI, scripts in any format, and coding on the Web Site are the property of ALUMNI CRUISES, its licensors, or its third party providers & distributors, and are protected by copyright and/or trademark law, and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without ALUMNI CRUISES prior written consent, except that you may download, display, and print the materials presented on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use any "robot", "spider", or other automatic device or a program, algorithm or methodology having the same or similar processes or functionality, or any manual process to monitor or copy any of the Web Site pages, data, or content without the prior written permission of ALUMNI CRUISES. All Content on the Web Site is protected by U.S. copyright and trademark law and applicable international treaties governing intellectual property law. Any and all ALUMNI CRUISES trademarks and trade names used in connection with the Web Site by ALUMNI CRUISES are the exclusive property of ALUMNI CRUISES.
2. USE OF SITE: Except as provided for in paragraph 6., "ONLINE BOOKING", information on this web site is presented for your convenience, but is not guaranteed and should not be relied on for booking. You should confirm all details of your reservation with ALUMNI CRUISES in writing to 15 Oak Glen Drive, Shelton , CT 06484, or by fax to 1-888-286-2792, or by telephone at 1-800-516-5247 at the time of booking. ALUMNI CRUISES will use its reasonable commercial efforts to keep the Web Site available on a 24-hour/7-day week basis, subject to necessary scheduled downtime for maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and system outages, but does not guarantee that transmissions will be uninterrupted or error-free. Through your use of this Web Site, you warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and that you will not use this Web Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
3. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY: THIS WEB SITE AND ANY LINKS FROM THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". ALUMNI CRUISES MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. ALUMNI CRUISES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY E-MAILS SENT FROM ALUMNI CRUISES ARE FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
4. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
(1) YOU AGREE THAT ALUMNI CRUISES IS AN AGENT FOR THE PROVIDERS OF CRUISE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS REGARDING ANY FAILURE OR BREACH WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE ARE LIMITED TO CLAIMS AGAINST THE CRUISE SERVICE PROVIDERS. ALUMNI CRUISES IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM OR PROVIDED BY ANY CRUISE OR OTHER SERVICE SUPPLIER THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR BY ALUMNI CRUISES.
(2) ALUMNI CRUISES ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING ON THE WEB SITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THIS SITE. ALUMNI CRUISES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
5. RATES AND OFFERS: Rates and offers on this Web Site and as quoted by ALUMNI CRUISES representatives, are capacity controlled, are subject to availability and confirmation, and may change without notice. ALUMNI CRUISES assumes no responsibility for overbooking, cancellation, or delays for hotels, airlines, cruises, or other providers. Unless otherwise noted, rates shown are based on double occupancy, are in US Dollars. Unless otherwise noted, port charges, government taxes and/or fees are additional, and are subject to change up until your departure date. Additional restrictions may apply. If your vacation package includes airfare, your airfare is subject to the carriers, times, and routing selected by the cruise line or provider. You may also contact your ALUMNI CRUISES representative to request Preferred Flights through ALUMNI CRUISES cruise line partners. Preferred Flights are strongly encouraged if you have special needs regarding flight times, routing, or airline. Whatever your method of transportation to/from your cruise/vacation, you are responsible for any and all costs associated with delays or cancellations. ALUMNI CRUISES STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE to protect your investment.
6. ONLINE BOOKING: ALUMNI CRUISES offers reservation booking either through sales consultants, or online booking. You must be of legal age to travel and make reservations, in order to book online. Online prices are for new bookings only and must be booked and paid for online to be guaranteed at those prices. Online prices may not be available through a sales consultant. Online prices are final. Price adjustments are not made for online bookings. Depending on your date of travel and your mailing address, travel documents for bookings made online may only be available for pier pick up. Certain changes may be made to online bookings, subject to administrative fees. Please call ALUMNI CRUISES for the specific fees and availability for any requested changes. Except as specifically provided in this paragraph, all online bookings are subject to all the terms and conditions of ALUMNI CRUISES and its suppliers.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE: ALUMNI CRUISES STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE. You may contact an ALUMNI CRUISES representative for a price quotation on travel insurance. However, ALUMNI CRUISES can only offer insurance pricing & purchase, and general travel insurance information. Should you have specific questions concerning coverage under different circumstances, you must speak directly to the travel insurance supplier, or must request a copy of the travel insurance policy in writing. All travel claims must be presented directly to the travel insurance supplier. ALUMNI CRUISES is not an insurer and is not responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage or personal items. You are also fully responsible for verifying all safety, security, and general conditions for each destination. You agree that ALUMNI CRUISES is not responsible for any potential risks and hazards associated with travel to any destination, or travel with the suppliers listed on the Web Site. By embarking on travel arranged through ALUMNI CRUISES you voluntarily assume the risks associated with such travel. ALUMNI CRUISES assumes no responsibility for standards of hygiene, cuisine, sanitation, medical treatment or telecommunications services. ALUMNI CRUISES is not responsible for any political instability, terrorist activity, war, social or labor unrest, civil disturbances, arbitrary changes in government policies, local laws or customs, climatic conditions, methods of conducting business, military activity or emergency evacuation methods, or any injury, loss, expense or damage that may result there from.
8. PRIVACY: ALUMNI CRUISES agrees to adhere to all applicable Unites States federal and state laws and industry practices relating to the collection and use of personal information from Web Site visitors. Alumni Cruises maintains its current privacy statement on this Web Site. This privacy statement may be modified from time to time without prior notice.
9. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Proof of citizenship and photo identification will be required for your travel. Beginning December 31, 2005, all travel outside of the United States will require a passport to enter or re-enter the United States. If you do not have a valid passport, you will need to obtain one for your cruise. For assistance with passport procurement, please visit the State Department website, www.travel.state.gov, or call the National Passport Information Center toll free at 1-877-874-7793. (Non-US citizens should check with their local consulate to determine what documents will be required for travel.) The first and last names on your reservation and/or invoice must match your passport. You are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and requirements, including Customs and Immigration requirements, at all destination points. You are responsible for, and release ALUMNI CRUISES from any and all liability regarding, compliance with passport, visa, vaccination or other entry/exit requirements and payment of any charges, fees, duties, taxes or assessments related to your travel or your use of this Web Site. ALUMNI CRUISES reserves the right to issue all ticketing as e-ticketing. With e-ticketing, you simply present proper identification at the pier and/or airport, along with your confirmation number, to receive your boarding tickets.
10. DEPOSITS, PAYMENTS, CANCELLATION FEES, AND REFUNDS: Check payments should be made payable to "Alumni Cruises" and mailed to Alumni Cruises at 15 Oak Glen Drive, Shelton, CT 06484. Credit card payments should be called in to ALUMNI CRUISES at 1-800-516-5247 or by using our online Booking Form and will be processed by the cruise line and/or ALUMNI CRUISES . For bookings not made online, your ALUMNI CRUISES representative will orally outline the deposit and payment details of your particular reservation. All payments must be received by ALUMNI CRUISES by the deadlines specified by the ALUMNI CRUISES representative or Web Site, which ever is earliest, or your reservation is subject to cancellation. Please be sure to check the first and last names on the invoice to make sure that they match the names on your photo identifications. You should review your invoice package carefully, and must notify ALUMNI CRUISES of any discrepancies in your invoice package within two business days of receiving this package. ALUMNI CRUISES may offer you rebates or discounts from suppliers' actual rates, or may have net, group, or promotional rates to which ALUMNI CRUISES adds commission and/or service fees. The ALUMNI CRUISES total pricing quoted to you by an ALUMNI CRUISES representative, as confirmed by your ALUMNI CRUISES invoice, includes any and all commissions and service fees charged and/or earned by ALUMNI CRUISES, although not detailed on the invoice. Cancelled reservations will be assessed an ALUMNI CRUISES cancellation service fee, plus all applicable supplier penalties, but in no event should the total fees/penalties exceed the reservation total. The ALUMNI CRUISES portion of the cancellation service fee may be applied to a future cruise of equal or greater value to the cancelled cruise if booked within one year of the cancellation date.
Cruises reserves the right to cancel or alter any and all
services they provide onboard the cruise for any cruise
reservation made with Alumni Cruises, at any time up until
the cruise date, and even during the cruise.
11. OTHER TRAVEL SUPPLIERS: In making reservations on travel suppliers via ALUMNI CRUISES you agree to be bound by each travel supplier's terms and conditions as set forth in that supplier's web site, brochures, tickets, passage contract, contract of carriage, or other travel document, and agree to the policies of those suppliers. Supplier penalties are established by each individual supplier and vary in amount.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement represents the entire agreement between you and ALUMNI CRUISES. You’re making a reservation with ALUMNI CRUISES, your retention of tickets, retention of travel documents, and your retention of invoice shall each individually or collectively constitute your express consent to the above terms and conditions. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
13. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to conflict of laws provisions. You and ALUMNI CRUISES agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes hereunder and venue in an appropriate local or federal court located in the state of Connecticut.
14. HEADINGS: The headings used in these terms and conditions are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms and conditions herein.
SERVICES: The services advertised on this website,
or any Alumni Cruises advertisement on any website or
literature are subject to certain criteria. This
criteria varies from cruise to cruise, and throughout the
life of the cruise event from it's inception on this site,
until the sailing date. Alumni Cruises reserves the
right to cancel or modify in any way, any service it
advertises based on criteria as determined by Alumni Cruises
for each cruise. Alumni Cruises will make every
attempt to refund, exchange or replace services when this
criteria is not met. Alumni Cruises reserves the right
to refuse or cease service to anyone at any time without
notice for any reason.